Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my 2012 beauty resolutions


Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://www.discoverbeautywithin.com/

It's 2012 and it's a New Year! I have come up with a few different resolutions this year. A couple resolutions I made are beauty related. The first one is washing my face every night (and hopefully morning too). Sometimes I feel so lazy at night and just climb hurriedly into bed leaving all the dirt and grime on my face to fester while I sleep. I know it is important for your pores to be clean before you go to sleep.

My dermatologist recommended the Clean and Clear 3 in 1 exfoliating face wash to me and I have really liked it. I like how fresh and exfoliated my face feels after I use it, and it also helps fight acne breakouts.

Another beauty resolution I have is to use a moisturizer on my face and neck every day. I want to keep my skin hydrated and looking healthy. I have heard that people often forget to include the neck area but it also need to be moisturized. I try to pick a moisturizer that isn't too heavy so it won't contribute to acne breakouts. There are many great brands and choices out there. Neutrogena is one of my favorites.

I also have some resolutions to play more with my makeup. I usually put on the same make-up every day, in the same order. I usually only change eye shadow colors. This year I hope to try some trends and play around with my regimen. It's so fun to experiment and see what I like!
What are your resolutions this year? Do you have any beauty related resolutions? I would love to hear them!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
5 Comments

5 Responses to “my 2012 beauty resolutions”

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Little Birdie! No resolutions for me this year.... I do use a cleanser wipe every night though. If I crawl into bed without doing it I make myself get out of bed. I know how important the neck area is --- reaching the mid 50s, believe me, I know! tee hee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I have mild rosacea and rely heavily on the Aveeno calming face products and they work really well. However I may need to venture out to try this, as I have been looking for a good exfoliater.

Anonymous said...

One of mine is to ensure I wash my make-up brushes weekly. I was awful last year with not cleaning them for months! GROSS!

Rachael said...

My husband uses the Clean and Clear scrub and it's done wonders for his skin!

Natalia said...

I've got the same resolution - wash my face every night and moisturize after each wash (am and pm) unless I'm using a very mild cream cleanser. I prefer to use all natural products since trans-dermal transfer of chemicals scares me. Good reminder to moisturize the neck. Thanks!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs